Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Something within my theme screws up the summary page

kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
edited April 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

The frame of the summary page is shrunk a little b/c of something within my theme, DANCA. For some reason, clicking on the Charter badge does not mess up the formatting, but all other badges in my testing do.

Link when clicking on Charter (works fine):

http://idenitties.com/vanilla/badges/index.php?badgetype=CharterBadge

Link when clicking on Liked Badge (formatting messed up):

http://idenitties.com/vanilla/badges/index.php?badgetype=LikedBadge

For the life of me I can't figure this out. I've gotten slowly better at css but am still stumped as to why this happens. I've looked through this reply: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/23389/formatting-for-badge-information-page#latest but couldn't translate information for this specific situation. I'll continue to look into it.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

The thing is that remember that is a new page. It is not coded in DANCA you need to add the code into your css. or into the plugin css to work with your theme.

edited April 2013

add this to your custom or to the plugin css.

body.Dashboard.Plugin.PeregrineBadges #Content {
    float: left;
    width: 100%;
    margin: 0 0 40px;
    }

body.Dashboard.Plugin.PeregrineBadges #Body {
    width: 100%;
    margin: 15px auto 55px;
    }
    body.Dashboard.Plugin.PeregrineBadges .pbtitle {
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 18px;
    text-align: left;
    padding: 10px;
    }

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

It's much easier just to edit the peregrinebadges.css - that is why it is there.

change the padding left to a smaller number.

.pbtitle {
        font-size: 18px;
        font-weight: bold;
        padding-bottom: 15px;
        padding-left: 400px;
        padding-right: 0;
        padding-top: 30px;
    }

.pbmessages  also

and 

.pbheading

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @vrijvlinder

I was altering this code:

body.Dashboard.Plugin #Body { float: center; width: 830px; margin: 50px auto 55px; }

that you originally referenced in this post: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/178498/#Comment_178498

but I was forgeting to add the .PeregrineBadges part

as always, my forum's appearance is eternally indebted to your css skills. Thank you much!

edited April 2013

@peregrine I don't think it should be the responsibility of the plugin maker to make sure it works on all themes. It is just impossible. It is up to theme makers to make it work with all plugins on the other hand.

Just make it so it works with the default is enough. Every theme no matter how good will need tweaking no way to avoid it. Just look at the VOTE plugin 0_o

Your plugin is fantastic :)

• kirkpa31kirkpa31 ✭✭
    edited April 2013

Your plugin is fantastic :)

Completely agree.

You guys are the best @peregrine @vrijvlinder

• if you install the

Vanillicon plugin. The badge summary page looks more interesting with images.

I can't remember if you used images or photos.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

@peregrine

It's much easier just to edit the peregrinebadges.css - that is why it is there.

Yes that is true, until you use another theme then you have to edit the plugin again.
    I found this out making the themes. So now I just copy over the css for the plugin or add more, but in the custom.css of each theme.

Saves me time and later people asking how to fix it. But if you only use one theme the whole time I guess it is better to just add it to the plugin css.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

Yes that is true, until you use another theme then you have to edit the plugin again. I found this out making the themes. So now I just copy over the css for the plugin or add more, but in the custom.css of each theme.

sounds like a good idea.