Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Ok I am almost giving up.. Why saving Draft cause all WYSIWYG buttons to become save button?

I tried to make use of new TinyMCE 4.0beta1
Everything works fine on 'post new discussion page'
But not for the comment box.. ->

After Save Draft button is clicked or Auto Draft Saving takes place, clicking on any TinyMCE toolbar cause a comment to be submitted..

I have tried to find out what can probably cause this, but I don't know yet..
Anyone has an idea?

Tagged:

Comments

• you need to post this on that on plugins section.

grep is your friend.

• Hmm.. this is the plugin I created by myself with special Emoticon addon.
    In this case, why aren't there "Plugin Development" to ask such a question. I have tried those available on add-ons section.. but it doesn't fit my need.

Anyway.. if you are Vanilla core developer.. just point me some light of what might possible cause this.. Using clEditor is quite simple.. replace it with Tinymce shouldn't be that difficult.

• you should be able to debug with firebug. it sound like the event is being bound to the toolbar, this could be a selector conflict.

there is two TinyMCE plugins, look at those for guidance.

grep is your friend.

• vorapoapvorapoap New
    edited April 2013

I use Firebug.. and I use Event Extension for debugging Event.. but that helps little... or maybe you are Firebug expert more than me, then please tell me on how you think you can do it?

Vanilla uses livequery to bind the draft button.. I couldn't think of any possible ways how this event be binded again later after saving draft.. hmm I will put a breakpoint over the place I think.. hmmm

• if you don't get any other ideas

a solutions would be to use stop autodraft plugin and remove the save draft option via css.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vorapoapvorapoap New
    edited April 2013

Hmm

here in /applications/vanilla/js/discussion.js
    // Hijack comment form button clicks
    $('div.CommentForm :submit, a.PreviewButton, a.DraftButton').livequery('click', function() {
    var btn = this;...............

^^... This thing gets fired by any TinyMCE button after first saving draft..
    I don't want to think it is a livequery bug or incompatibility thing of some sort.

I was thinking of @peregrine's solution, too.... probably if there isn't any more insightful comment than this.. I will do it.