Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Your default locale won't display properly until it is enabled below. Please enable the following:

Hi,

I wanted to install a german language pack. I copyed folder German into ../locales/ and enabled it in Dashboard - Locales.

When it was not working, I replaced all files of this German folder into Skeleton. But just in "locales".

I know this is not right but somebody sayd me i shold do this.

Ok, now, I want to fix that. I see allways this error in the Dashboard.

The Language in forum is still english and without errors, but I don't like this message:
Your default locale won't display properly until it is enabled below. Please enable the following:.

Can somebody help me? I added some deffinitions and don't want to loose it.

Thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

I wanted to install a german language pack. I copyed folder German into ../locales/ and enabled it in Dashboard - Locales.

correct - so far so good. stick on this track and show a screenshot of you folder structure

and any config statement in config.php

that has the word locale or locales in it.

then mention WHAT VERSION of VANILLA YOU have?

how hard is it to enter version of vanilla????????????????????

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

I figured it would teach someone how to read similar discussions that were posted on the same day and how to use the search function and read the documentation.

The trend of the questions are coming from not reading the documentation or the wiki.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes and saves having to post the same thing twice . Good idea , I have bookmarked all useful discussions and give out the links when asked about the same thing.

• Sorry but at the begining of the turkish discussion it's talked about some core error. that's not my question. Also i didn't read it when i was searching for this. AND my english is bad maybe i don't understand something.
    I'm sorry for double post :/

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

edited April 2013

Achtung:
    was hast du für das auf die config.php? :

$Configuration['EnabledLocales']['vf_ca_ES'] = 'ca-ES';

$Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = 'ca-ES';

I recommend that you enable the en-Ca Locale in the dashboard then install other locales.
    Or you can copy the

$Definitions inside the one you have into the conf/locale.php

• you are taking him on the wrong track. ignore the catalan.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/180740/#Comment_180740

lol I asked him to look for what he has in the config to see what he has enabled. If he has a locale enabled it should look similar. I used it as example of how it looks.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

• Version 2.0.18.4

I have now British locale in /locales. (I don't need german now... don't ask me why..)

// EnabledLocales

$Configuration['EnabledLocales']['german'] = 'de-DE';

$Configuration['EnabledLocales']['British'] = 'en-GB';

$Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = 'de-DE';

Now I see that in Garden I have de-DE... Should I change to en-GB???

I DON'T HAVE GERMAN FOLDER IN THE /locales

1.png 30.1K
    2.png 33.9K
    3.png 37.2K

Thanks for posting that, ok it seems like you enabled some stuff as well as others. looks like the same issue with turkish person.

If you are not using the german anymore remove that line. From the config.php

And change this to:

$Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = 'en-CA';

If you use this, remove the british locale line from the config.php

or use this if you want the british.

$Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = 'en-GB';

• Ok I replaced $Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = 'de-DE'; with $Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = 'en-GB'; and the error is no longer there. Thank you.

Please sorry for newbie questions :/

• I used the Portuguese translation of good Brazil. Until after instalar o plugin language disappeared and returned to English. Now when I put the language in the locale folder trim it. does not please opção of ecolha help me it is urgent