Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Doesn't work in Embed

Hi! My forum is embedded in my Wordpress site, and this plugin doesn't seem to work properly. The image resizes perfectly, but when I click the bar at the top, it only enlarges for a second, then resizes again.

I assume it's related to the embed because when I open my forum in a new tab on its own (not embedded) it works. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks so much!

Comments

• Options

Did you disable vanillas built in image resizing functionality?

• Options

I think so — I went into global.js and deleted from "// Shrink large images to fit into message space, and pop into new window when clicked." to the end. That doesn't seem to help.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2013

what are you trying to achieve? , to control the images size when embedded?

you can use css if you want to make all embedded images in posts the same size..

.Message img{width:200px;height:auto;}

• Options
    CelesteCeleste New
    edited April 2013

Yeah, I just want it so if someone posts a large picture, it resizes to the width of the post.

• Options
    edited April 2013

I prefer to rely on css for that. So it does not matter what they embed it all stays at the same size.
    depending on you theme css you can also do it. Just add this to the custom.css of the theme. Change the width as necessary. the height get calculated automatic no need to put the height.

.Message img{width:200px;height:auto;}

• Options

Ah, good thinking. I used max-width instead since I don't want it to blow up smaller images. I'd prefer it link to the larger version, but this is definitely OK for now. Thanks! =)

• Options
    edited April 2013

If they want to see it even larger they can right click and open image in a new window and see the original size :)

• Options

Yeah, not everyone knows to do that though =)

• Options
    edited April 2013

It is easy enough to post some instructions for those who are mouseycapped lol or have them install hover zoom browser extension . Then they just hover and it get bigger.