Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Change "Sign In with" in jsConnect through WP Vanilla Connect plugin*

CelesteCeleste New
edited April 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I want to change the text that says "Sign In with" on both the sidebar and the sign in popup. I've tried using the locale file but it doesn't change those blocks of text (I assume because they're actually part of jsconnect). Where can I find the file that specifies that text so I can edit it directly? I would also like to add some text on the sign in popup if possible. Thanks!

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2013

what definitions did you try ?

$Definition['Sign In'] = 'Log in';
    $Definition['Sign In with Google'] = 'Log in with Google';
    $Definition['Sign In with OpenID'] = 'Log in with OpenID';
    $Definition['Sign In with Twitter'] = 'Log in with Twitter';
    $Definition['Sign Out'] = 'Disconnect';
    $Definition['Sign Up'] = 'Register';

• I don't mean the buttons, I mean the part that allows jsconnect login (in my case with Wordpress login). It says "Sign In with" under the existing username. Maybe this isn't even editable via the Vanilla files — sorry, I'm not really that much an expert in js stuff.

If the plugin is a vanilla plugin I don't see why it should not work. Do you mean you tried the definitions above and none worked?

Any text that has a title T('The title') can be changed in the definitions. If those are not in there you add them.

$Definition['Sign In with WordPress'] = 'Log in with WordPress';

• Well, it's actually through a Wordpress plugin, I guess (WP Vanilla Connect). But I can't find that text anywhere in that plugin either.

• I guess I'll ask the creator of the plugin for help. However, the rest of the sign in popup has nothing to do with that plugin — where it says "Or you can" and has other sign in options below it, that seems to be part of Vanilla itself. Can I edit that somewhere?

$Definition['Or you can...'] = 'Or whatever...';

• Oh, hm, that didn't seem to work before. Thanks! =)