Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] BotStop issue

2»

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

you can try to debug .plugins/BotStop/views/registerapproval.php

I'll look at your site.

on third thought change

// echo "the answer is $answer";

to

echo "the answer is $answer";

and see what it prints out are the numbers adding correctly.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

try above - third edit :).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Nope - it gives me the answer in the registration forum and it still questions my humanity.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

I see you did that.

now enter the number that is displayed as the answer and let me know when it fails.

take notes right before you click the apply for memebership at the bottom of the form.

• Options

they all fail. every number

• Options

hmm! let me try on mine again.

• Options

tell me the version number in your dashboard for the botstop plugin.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

tell me the version number in your dashboard for the botstop plugin.

and do you have duplicates of the botstop plugin or files lingering around - if so delete them.

• Options

Version 1.0.1

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

1 - you need to disable the botstop plugin.

2 - delete the botstop folder

3 - download the zip HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/178015/#Comment_178015

4 - and then enable it.

you are mixing and matching versions and the WILL NOT WORK!

• Options

when you have the zip corrected and the file uploaded it will say this in your dashboard

'Version' => '1.0.2.1 - with randomization mod by Peregrine for RegisterApproval method only for 2.0.18.x',

• Options

IT WORKS! I'm now on Version 1.0.2.1. THANK YOU AGAIN!

• Options

whew! that was a long one. great glad it works!

• Options

@peregrine I cannot see the link to the zip file that you mentioned. Can you provide the link again please. Thanks.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited August 2013

@brainolution

@peregrine references this thread: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/178015/#Comment_178015

but there doesn't seem to be a zip file.

I got registration approval with BotStop working by following @peregrine's instructions here:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/168659/#Comment_168659

• Options

@whu606

Yes, I couldn't locate the zip file either. I followed the same instructions, which you mentioned, but there were some corrections later in that post. I have tried to include them, but the zip file would have assured that I had all the changes included.

But thanks for your help, and a big thanks to @peregrine for the fix.

It's nearly 20 hours since I applied the changes, and 0 bot registrations so far!

• Options

Hi

Anybody can attach here or send me (caro94@gmx.com) working BotStop files.
    Original files from http://vanillaforums.org/addon/922/botstop - doesn´t work !

I will use my own question with this plugin not math questions.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@caro94

'doesn't work' doesn't really explain things.

What doesn't work?

What did you do?

What happened?