Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] How to center this pic

Mikey05Mikey05 New
edited April 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi everyone. Am new in Vanilla Forums and i really like it. I hope is free and will not expire avter 30 days :).

I have attached a pic so you can see better what i mean. This pic is in the first page (discussions). All i need is to place it little more right like 1-2px and to add border on it. Can someone give me some css code to add in this style please?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options

try looking in documentation on how to edit themes.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

No it will not expire, it is free, but you need to learn how it works and all that on your own. The community will help as best they can.

Are you familiar with Firebug browser extension ? Please get it , it is free and it is a tool you will need specially for that theme.

To add space between elements you need to add padding.

I need a link to the site to take a better look. Also what version of the app are you using ? give the version number please. And list of plugins you are using.

Thanks and welcome to the community.

• Options

this code may work , you would add it to the custom.css of that theme

.Item .Author img {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #222;
    border: 2px solid #222;
    box-shadow: 1px 1px 2px 1px #666;
    float: left;
    height: 40px;
    margin: 0 10px 0 0;
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 40px;
    padding:2px;
    }

• Options

Hey thank you for the fast reply. Am not familiar with "Firebug browser". Here is my site hostingclerks.com please take a look. anyway i have added a file called class.defauthemehooks.php to display avatars (pics) in index page.

• Options

worket perfect for the border thank you. Anyway to add some space in the left site?

• Options
    edited April 2013

Am not familiar with "Firebug browser".

You must get it and get it now it is for your browser

http://getfirebug.com

The code I posted should work. You would add that in the Danca custom.css

You should post a few test discussions on your forum.

• Options

Add padding-left:3px within the same code I posted adjust the padding as needed

• Options

wont work :(. I have deleted the padding:10px and again wont work.

• Options

Did you get firebug ? with that you can edit live and see what works . You have no discussions posted on your forum and I can't see any pictures.

• Options

Well the problem is unregistered users cant see posts. How can i fix this?

• Options

Go in the dashboard under roles and edit Guest

Allow Guest only to view everything

• Options

There is something wrong with this theme. There is nothing to edit. It says: > You don't have your default roles set up. To correct this problem click here.

• Options

Ok i have created a role "guest" and now guests can show the posts. Please check it now please...

• Options

margin-left: 10px; fixed the problem. Thank you very much.

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited April 2013

Patience badge for vrijvlinder, heheh. @Mikey05 Don't do any more of that 'I don't know firebug and please take a look at my site' crap. Try something first and follow instructions you get. Besides that. Glad you solved it.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

Do you ever see the cartoon with the two vultures sitting on a tree limb. and one vulture says to the other "Patience my A**, I'm gonna kill something" . The vultures said it in a cartoon - not me - I'm just the messenger.

for those who don't know what a vulture is (a large bird that eats carrion, so it was tired of waiting around).

maybe V could fashion her own badge with the cartoon and logo :).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

It may look like patience from your end...lol but....

This

this

or the truth ? yea it's just the pills !!

• Options

I was searching for the vulture cartoon - you are a better cartoon finder :).

• Options

I just input in the search for images

" Patience is just waiting to kill somebody "

and that is what came up lmao !