Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to get Vanilla to recognize curl?

Hi,

first of all, I'd like to greet the community for such an useful software. I'm new to Vanilla, I just made an installation (the installer worked like a charm) and I'm trying to activate some plugins, to test them.

The thing is that when I try to activate the Twitter or Facebook plugins, Vanilla gives the following error message:

The addon could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error:

This plugin requires curl.

curl is properly installed, and so my question is, what do i need to do to help vanilla "see" that curl is, in fact, installed?

Thanks everyone :)

Comments

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2013

is curl enabled in php?

try
    $ php -m | grep curl

or run
    phpinfo(); in php script

grep is your friend.

• versvsversvs New
    edited April 2013

Hi x00,

thanks for your reply.

"php -m | grep curl" was not printing a single line on screen, and it was not appearing on phpinfo(); as well.

So... it put me on the way. The problem is now solved... I didnt know that I had to install a php to curl library :)

In case someone else finds the same problem, on my system (Ubuntu server) it was solved like this:

$ sudo apt-get install php5-curl

$ sudo service apache2 restart

And thanks again for the pointer ;)

• good.

yes becuase you need the functions, unless you are calling curl through exec, which would likely complain anyway.

that is why you have curl_exec.

grep is your friend.