HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Username jumps down on box-click

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
edited April 2013 in Feedback

Hi x00 and everbody else,

I have a weird issue with MentionsLookup (which i really love). I'm running 2.0.18.4.
And when i type into a comment field "@userna.." and i receive the suggestion of the whole name in the box "username" which i click... the @appears in line, but the username jumps down to lines. scratch

Looks like this then. Sounds weird, but true, username jupms down like in the picture.

Thanx for help and thanx for the plugin, phreak

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

Comments

• this is happening a lot?

grep is your friend.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited April 2013

Yep, this happens evertime, when i and my users tested it.

Who deleted the picture i attached to my posting above and why?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@phreak said:
    Yep, this happens evertime, when i and my users tested it.

Who deleted the picture i attached to my posting above and why?

Seems to be there, for me.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I think that cleditor adds a < br > automatically the moment something is entered.

can you see in the html side of cleditor if there is extra html added to cause this?

Hi guys,

I have CLE editor in the plugins deaktivated, instead using ButtonBar.

But @vrijvlinder: Exactly i took a look into Firebug and HTML shows me instances of
    are added. Looking like this:

@ <br> new <br> newUsername <br> new <br>

• this problem is caused by whitespace, not MentionsLookup

Something like an addon is adding whitespace to the top of your site, it will cause more problem than just this.

grep is your friend.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2013

E.g.

XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
    Line Number 3, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    ^

Your feed is not valid.

grep is your friend.

• I will add something to trim the mentions, but this is not really to do with this plugin.

grep is your friend.

Yeah, jsut wanted to tell you that x00 corresponded to me. Thanx for this hint. So let's start the hunt for this plugins, extension or faulty theme. sweat

Thanx @x00 and please excuse for taking the time for looking into this, while the problem relies somewhere else.

• It is not a problem I'm happy to help. I just don't want other thing to be broken becuase of this.

grep is your friend.

• 50sQuiff50sQuiff ✭✭
    edited April 2013

Just testing this plugin for the first time and I'm getting the same issue. The problem only occurs when I select the first name in the autocomplete list. I'm using 2.0 and ButtonBar. I hope that helps. Let me know if you need any more information @x00.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2013

This is exactly the scenario, if you have redundant white space. Solving it for this plug-in is not going to stop further issues with your site like an invalid feed (in fact that is a good clue you have a problem). You should work to eliminate whitespace that shouldn’t be there.

it works for the second username, precisely becuase white space is begin injected at the top, of every page so the first username, when split from the will have this whitespace, and the others will be normal. You just aren't aware of it.

grep is your friend.

• Guys, add this after line 159 in query.js, right after

$('.MentionsLookup ul li').mousedown(function(e){
                e.preventDefault();

$(this).text($(this).text().replace(/^\s+|\s+$/g,''));

That does the trick.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2013

@50sQuiff said:
    Guys, add this after line 159 in query.js, right after

$('.MentionsLookup ul li').mousedown(function(e){
              e.preventDefault();

$(this).text($(this).text().replace(/^\s+|\s+$/g,''));

That does the trick.

Like I said this does not solve your white space issue.

View a page source in a browser, I bet there is whitespace.

grep is your friend.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2013

@50sQuiff If you have @phreak 's problem you have a problem with whitespace on your site. This is just paving over the cracks.

grep is your friend.