Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Custom Badges

Hey, I was wondering if it is possible to make custom badges.

I'm not using this plugin because of this. There could be an option to make badges like this:

REQUISIT: posts=100
NAME: Bronze Poster
ICON: domain.com/bronzeposter.png

Thanks!

Comments

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

People develop plugins for themselves and under a good deed they offer it to you. We Do not Care If you dont use the plugin. Don't like it, edit it then. @peregrine is not going to cry because one person thinks this plugin is a useless plugin.

@businessdad said:
    Actually, ericruiz never wrote that the plugin is crap. He was just explaining his requirements, specifying that he could not use the plugin as he thought that a feature he needs was missing (and he was also polite, not everybody closes a post with "thanks"). Since such feature is available, DogHam did a the right thing pointing the OP to the plugin documentation. Let's try to keep a constructive attitude.

Sorry. For been rude edited it out. But its just such a shock that people, dont ask properly.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@Srggamer said:
    Sorry. For been rude edited it out. But its just such a shock that people, dont ask properly.

The OP could have phrased the question in a clearer way, but maybe English is not his first language and he just tried to be concise. Anyway, I don't think that he meant in any way to diminish the result of @peregrine's efforts.

• let me guess espanol.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• #!%...

I'm spanish.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to cause any offence. I knew peregrine was the creator of the plugin and I didn't want to say his plugin was bullshit or insult him, how could I insult a person I admire?

Thank you guys, and sorry if I wrote something in the wrong tone, but I haven't been teached that yet.

• I like this plugin, but I would like it more, when I can find a easy tutorial how to add a new badge.

I'm not familiar with php or others...

It's right when I say, I have to change something in these 2 files?

class.peregrinebadgesmodel.php, class.peregrinebadgesmodule.php

I want to add a new badge. Something like comments but for discussions.

Readme has no useful informations... Sorry

• @DogHam

I'm not familiar with php or others...
    I want to add a new badge. Something like comments but for discussions.

• In the future i hope to write a book on

• "how to write php code without knowing how to write php code in 1 minute a day".

• I also plan to make free custom changes for everyone as well as writing a treatise on how to change code.

But this will all be in the future. :) I've got some other chores that I need to attend to, but perhaps in my lifetime I will get the book and treatise done.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

@peregrine i'm looking for a PHP contact form.

• @Srggamer

@peregrine i'm looking for a PHP contact form.

Hope you find one in a thread that deals with contact forms and not in a discussion on feedback on badges.

@peregrine said:
    Srggamer
    Hope you find one in a thread that deals with contact forms and not in a discussion on feedback on badges.

Haha Epic fail, was typing here then went to skype... Oh dear.

• @peregrine said:
    DogHam

That book would make you rich dude

Looking forward for it

It would make me poor!