HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

thx. Kasper

thx for the plugin - the description makes it sound great and potentially very useful.

I can't wait to try this out and dig into the code. (as soon as I get a block of time to give it the attention and justice it deserves) I am sure i will learn alot. :)

I'll be downloading it shortly :).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

Slow and steady is the way to go. It helps keeping feature creep away, and maintain sanity. :)

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

I think I need new tissues.

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

@Srggamer said:
    My eyes are crying from how well the code looks

That made my day - thank you so much @Srggamer and a huge thanks to the community too for all your support!

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Good work I hope to check it out. It is is good that you made it extensible.

I agree with bd, keep it lean. then people can plug it.

grep is your friend.

@kasperisager said:
    That made my day - thank you so much Srggamer and a huge thanks to the community too for all your support!

Thanks mate.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

kasper,

my soapbox:

I see you updated. It may only be a matter of time before people start complaining that you are updating and adding features too quickly :).

For me, I like seeing updates for bug fixes and new features, rather than stagnant plugins.
    I figure it is the forum owner's responsibilityto decide to update or not from the free add-ons sections, and be glad that it is well-maintained, rather than whine about frequent updates.
    And they would be wise to use the most recent update of all plugins.

so keep the updates coming.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

I follow his Github, I GITHUB stalk him, you might say.

• Thank you for the works you guys have done. I am new to vanilla, may I know how to get start to this application. I have installed and enabled it in my vanilla forum, but I do not know how to use it, how to get the data by access the restful API. Can you give me some tips? Thank you!

@neugls:

No worries, hope you'll find the app useful! It is however only intended for advanced use cases where language-agnostic integration is needed. Using it is as straight forward as can be: Send an HTTP request to an endpoint and you'll get a response. For documentation on the different API classes and their endpoints, generate and read through the docs using Sami.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Great idea - thanks for the hard work!

I downloaded, but can't see how to start using it... is there a simple use case example ?

Thanks for the compliments, glad you like the app!

Using the API is about as simple as it gets as it's completely REST-based. You can read a bit about use cases and possible implementations here: https://github.com/kasperisager/vanilla-api/issues/2#issuecomment-18891734. To quote:

[...] a common way to communicate with REST APIs is using jQuery and Ajax (http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.ajax/). Many also use PHP and cURL (http://php.net/manual/en/book.curl.php). The options are many! If you're in need of documentation on the endpoints, refer to the links in the settings page in your Garden dashboard.