Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Share this plugin not working correctly

sir no i installed vanilla Version 2.0.18.8 .i installed it in my website subdomain.eg-forum.example.com.My problem is when i click on my any discussion ,i got a url like this forum.example.com/index.php?p=/discussion/8/this-is-a-test-run. then i try to share these discussion for sharing these i used share this plugin.when i share this to facebook i got a message like this here i attached the screen shot check it and help me

when i click facebook share button... i got this type of post

(http://shar.es/lHVFp http://forum.example.com... )

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

ok first, can you post the contents of you config.php but delete the private stuff like database name and password etc. to see what you have configured.
    you may want to try to change rewrite urls to TRUE

then post the contents of the htaccess file for the forum.

a 500 error is usually a server error due to misconfiguration.

• yaa sure i will pls wait some time .i need a perfect url share

• i changed the rewrite urls code to true in my config.php file
    after that how i change it into .htaccess file help me my .htaccess file code is

Original

If you modify this file then change the above line to: # Modified

RewriteEngine On
    # Certain hosts may require the following line.
    # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /.
    # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)
    # RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]

ok to post code please put it in between < pre > code here < /pre > tags

• sorry i dont get you what is the change that i need to write in the .htaccess file

edited April 2013

I am not sure , but I think this is what may need to be done . if you are going to try this, please save the original htaccess file but change the name to old.htaccess so in case this does not work you can delete it and reuse the old one until a better solution comes.

RewriteEngine On

# Change any direct URLs (www.yoursite.com...) to the subdomain (forum.yoursite.com) 

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www\.)?yoursite\.com$ [NC] 
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/forum/(.*)$ [NC] 
    RewriteRule .* http://forum.yoursite.com/%1 [R=301,L]
    RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]

• sorry ,i tried it but wont works.thanks for ur support