Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Jsconnect How to implement the cross domain signin

vanillajvanillaj New
edited May 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I am trying to get Jsconnect working across 2 domains

if(isset($_SESSION['username']))
{
    $signedIn=true;
}
else
{
    $signedIn = false; // this is just a placeholder
}

This was how I was trying to do but since its across another domain the session is not having life here.
So how to overcome this situation.

I know its not actually related to jsconnect but any help is appreciated.

Comments

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

That's not how JsConnect work. I suggest to read the documentation, it explains everything in detail: Implementing Vanilla jsConnect Single-Signon on your Site

• Hi there, Im currently making a website for a gaming community and they want 6 areas on the website with each having its own forums, but they also want it to be that they only have to have 1 account for all the forums (Eg one account logs into ALL forums hosted on the site) so i was wondering would JsConnect Work for that? If so got any tips on it?

Thanks for all help in advance ;)
    ~ Cookies

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@Cookies I would suggest to start your own thread, as it would give you more visibility. As for your requirements, JsConnect would definitely work for that. You just need to configure one site to be the "key master", and that's all. As I wrote to @vanillaj, you can get started by reading the documentation.