HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

2 Color vs 3 Colors Theme

aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in Feedback

I have been working on new version and wanted suggestion whether you guys like new 2 colors or old 3 colors theme. Here are the screenshots, tell me which one looks better -

2 color theme -

3 Color theme -

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

I like three colours better, it has a nicer contrast.

• 422422 Developer MVP

its hard to tell, because both images show different elements. Image 2 looks better IMHO

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

@422 they are both for individual discussion page. By the way, your vote holds twice the weightage.

• 422422 Developer MVP

lol
    Well the second, but ditch google ads. First thing you focus on shouldnt be them

Looks good :)

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@422 said:
    lol
    Well the second, but ditch google ads. First thing you focus on shouldnt be them

I second that. In my experience, Google Ads should be used sparingly and added last (if at all).

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

It is a site for google tricks and google stuff no? then I think the ads are fine just style them like buttons so they don't look like run of the mill links.

I am partial to more colors and contrast , number 2 has better contrast. But I would like the background darker. But that is just me. I think they are both good aery :)

@422 @vrijvlinder the first image is new them and 2nd one is already implemented theme.

It will be next version of Vanilla theme - Nebula

So, the site category or ads do not matter, I am just looking for design advice :)

So, three color theme it is. Most probably I will use this color scheme - https://kuler.adobe.com/#themeID/2087077

I will try to upload new version before tomorrow :)