HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

One side effect of working with Garden/Vanilla...

businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

Besides using Garden/Vanilla I develop plugins for other softwares. After working with Vanilla for so many hours, dealing with absurdly complicated frameworks such as Magento (aka the king of XML verbosity and intricacy), or WordPress (aka Captain Hook) becomes quite unpleasant.

It's a bit like having to get up on a freezing cold winter morning when you got used to the warm comfort of your bed. :D

Comments

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited May 2013

Yes I do think it is a really nice, transportable framework. It is not perfect, but it is constantly improving.

Personally when they embarked on this project from vanilla 1. I was a little concerned they were creating a lot of work for themselves, and it might be an idea to build on top of existing lower level libraries/frameworks/toolsets. As it happens it worked out in the end.

I do like how other frameworks do things. I think pluf is quite a nice light weight framework for php.

Thing is with awful system like wordpress, is they worked when it counted. Now they are quite mature.

People said the same of PHP, but that has improved.

I think you can be too idealistic. When vanilla 2 started it was quite idealistic. It was going to be a certain way regardless. Now I think they have absorbed the practical realities, and it is more rounded for it.

grep is your friend.