Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

This doesn't notify those mentioned?

So, this tags them but doesn't notify them that they've been mentioned? It's just putting a link to their profile in your post?

Comments

• Oh I see it notify by their user name.... any way to make that popup on login or anything?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2013

try looking in my preferences setting in your profile.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• This is separate from mentions (part of the core), mentions look up is simply responsible for retrieving their name.

I don't really follow, what use would this be in at login? It is for mentioning people in posts.

grep is your friend.

• This is separate from mentions (part of the core), mentions look up is simply responsible for retrieving their name.

good explanation.

I don't really follow, what use would this be in at login? It is for mentioning people in posts.

also good explanation, agreed.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• To clarify, I didn't see that when you've been 'mentioned' it notifies you by sticking a number over your notifications link. In terms of log in, I was generally speaking, like if I'm away and someone mentions me, I log in, it pops up to notify. Again, at the time I hadnt see it show up under the accounts notifications.