HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

http://pagepeeker.com/

DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

Has anyone had this appear on there websites without embedding it or registering for an API key?
It's on my site i can't find where or how, I'm thinking it's piggybacked on a plugin maybe. I have written to them how to remove and this is the answer.
-------Original Message-------

Date: 31/05/2013 11:48:41
To: denis.steele@gmail.com
Subject: Re: PagePeeker.com - Delete pagepeeker from my site

Hi Denis,

PagePeeker gets added to a site only when you add our API code to the site HTML code. In order to remove it, just remove our API code from the site.

Also, can you point me to where PagePeeker shows on your site? I might be able to check why it shows there and let you know how to remove it.

Thanks,

Sorin Vinatoru
http://pagepeeker.com/
sorin@pagepeeker.com
twitter: @PagePeeker
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pagepeeker

Comments

• if this is in pluign please disable pluigns see which it is.

Last time this happen the malware was removed from the repository.

grep is your friend.

• seems that it is a screen shot or page rendering service.

where is it used? I'm not saying it is legit, but it depends where the implemented it. For instance some pluign make might think they would like a screen grab, for your convenience, say in dashboard. It is a bit odd not asking you to supply the api key, but perhaps they were (attempting) to simplify things, in any event they are paying for it.

On the other hand it could (more likely), malware and are using the service to create screen gabs. However to be honest they don't need to be on your site to do that. Any publicly facing site you can't stop them taking screen grabs of it.

grep is your friend.

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

I contacted them and they recon this is what it is. I'm on my way out now i'll look tomorrow.
    Another email from Pagepeekers,
    Hi Denis,

I looked into this issue and it seems to
    be a script embedded on your site that causes our images to be added to some
    links. Here's the HTML tag in your page that embeds the link:

If you look in that script, you'll
    see a function called "applyThumbnail" that uses our service.

I suggest
    to either remove that function, or make it in such a way it is not being
    called.

HTH,

Sorin

• what script?

grep is your friend.

Sorry this below.

the HTML tag in your page that embeds the link:

If you look in that script, you'll see a function called "applyThumbnail" that uses our service.

I suggest to either remove that function, or make it in such a way it is not being called.

HTH,

I'll try again for some reason it won't paste.

No won't paste so put it in word doc Attached.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

unfortunately you are using minify, which obfuscates which plugin is actually adding the JS which is calling the page peeker stuff.

turn off minify and run diagnostics again to determine which js is the culprit.

Ok I will try that and let you know.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited June 2013

Don't use minify ever, never a good idea. obfuscates of javascript is a flawed concept, except as part of a build process, where you can run test. It is not a solution for on the fly minification, of random plugins. Expect things to break.

grep is your friend.