Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Porter Fails import

With this error:

"An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database" SQLSTATE[HY000] [2013] Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 LOCATION: /var/www/library/database/class.database.php > 57: $this->_Connection = new PDO(strtolower($this->Engine) . ':' . $this->Dsn, $this->User, $this->Password, $this->ConnectionOptions); > 58: if($this->ConnectionOptions[1002]) > 59: $this->Query($this->ConnectionOptions[1002]); > 60: } catch (Exception $ex) { >>> 61: trigger_error(ErrorMessage('An error occurred while attempting to connect to the database', $this->ClassName, 'Connection', $ex->getMessage()), E_USER_ERROR); > 62: } > 63: } > 64: > 65: return $this->_Connection; BACKTRACE: [/var/www/library/database/class.database.php] PHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler(); [/var/www/library/database/class.database.php 61] PHP::trigger_error(); [/var/www/library/database/class.database.php 275] Gdn_Database->Connection(); [/var/www/library/database/class.sqldriver.php 1657] Gdn_Database->Query(); [/var/www/library/database/class.sqldriver.php 941] Gdn_SQLDriver->Query(); [/var/www/library/core/class.model.php 383] Gdn_SQLDriver->GetWhere(); [/var/www/library/core/class.model.php 366] Gdn_Model->GetWhere(); [/var/www/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php 472] Gdn_Model->GetID(); [/var/www/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php 643] UserModel->GetID(); [/var/www/library/core/class.session.php 280] UserModel->GetSession(); [/var/www/library/core/class.auth.php 36] Gdn_Session->Start(); [/var/www/bootstrap.php 168] Gdn_Auth->StartAuthenticator(); [/var/www/index.php 41] PHP::require_once();

It looks like I got a lot of the stuff over, but need to get the rest.

SO CLOSE TO THIS TRANSFER

Comments

• what's your bind address? Are you doing it remotely.

are you doing it locally? if so, are you using localhost or 127.0.0.1

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I am trying to do it on my server. I know the DB credentials are different than the server it's coming from.

It did get halfway through and pauses on Update Counts. Most of the posts and users are there, but they aren't connected to the Categories and such.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2013

if on your own local secure server, try

127.0.0.1 instead of localhost.

set it back to original after porting if it works.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Oh, sorry if I was confusing, it's not a localhost server, it's a remote server.

• well, why don't you do it on your local server if you have one.

• Locally I get this error :/

Row 1 doesn't contain data for all columns|Gdn_Database|Query|load data infile '/Users/Lucas/Sites/bikerowave/uploads/User.txt' into table GDN_zUser character set utf8 columns terminated by ',' optionally enclosed by '"' escaped by '\' lines terminated by '\n' ignore 1 lines

• I figured this out, it's related to hosting on Pagoda, if someone else runs into this problem, heres my other Pagoda post

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/24021/solved-having-trouble-with-my-install-on-pagoda-git#latest

Anyway, I tunneled into my remote DB, from my local install and that made the MySQL connection strong enough in order to not time out or whatever is going on.

• Nope, still weird.

I used the localhost installation, to import the Database on the remote server (just using the credentials of the remote DB in config.php ), and the import went fine.

However, it only works locally and on the remote machine I get this error

http://brwforums.gopagoda.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5560/raam-crew

So weird...

• can't see the error.

• Do you get the post???

• Oh, permissions. Try now?

• did you import a media table? if not just create an empty one.

• also on pagoda you need to create and set associated permissions for:

$compile_dir '/var/www/cache/Smarty/compile

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I did not import a media table, no. Would it just be GDN_Media?

Also, on Pagoda there is no Smarty folder in cache...hmm

• Also, why would the localhost version not throw the GDN_Media error? It's using the same DB as the live server...

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2013

are you using file file upload plugin?

if so disable and see if you get the error.

then enable

disable all your plugins on your remote system and then re-enable them.

• That definitely cleared up the error. You are awesome @peregrine :)

• However, didn't it say in the Porter docs that you have to have FileUpload enabled when importing in order to keep your attachments??

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2013

the clickless awesome :)

you got to get your smarty folder cleared up or you won't be able to change themes and possibly mobile won't work, as well as some other things.