Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Possible to remove / filter multiple line breaks?

A while ago I imported my old forum into Vanilla, and while everything seems to have worked, I noticed multiple line breaks in some posts, for example between paragraphs. That doesn't look good so I was looking around to see what's the best way to get rid of the extra space. Haven't seen much talk about line breaks on here, is there a plugin or other way perhaps to get around this?

Tagged:

Comments

• look in the database in comment and discussion tables and see what type of element is causing the breaks.

change your editor from
    buttonbar
    none
    wyswiyg
    cleditor

and see if it changes

change your format field in the some of the discussions and comments in the tables and see if it fixes things (Markdown, Html, Bbcode)

you may either have to filter out or manually change if nothing else helps.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• KswiftKswift
    edited June 2013

Thanks! Well I went through it all, and it was easiest to go into the database and use these queries:

UPDATE GDN_Comment SET Body = REPLACE(Body,'\n\n\n','\n')

UPDATE GDN_Discussion SET Body = REPLACE(Body,'\n\n\n','\n')

Which had the desired effect of removing each triple line break into a single one.