HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Required Vanilla > version 2.1a1 ?

Error:
'RequiredApplications' => array('Vanilla' => '2.1a1'),

Solution:
'RequiredApplications' => array('Vanilla' => '2.0'),

Comments

• Options
    lifeisfoolifeisfoo Zombie plugins finder ✭✭✭

I tried it only on 2.1. If works also with 2.0 I'll upload a new version. Can you confirm that?
    Thank you.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I have come to realize that most plugins with version requirements can be made to work with any version by either matching the version you have or removing the requirements.

I think the version check only checks for a number and not if it has incompatible parts. I think for a version check to really work it has to be analyzed and compared to other versions. Checking for just a number simply makes them not work if the number does not match even if it works.

This of course if you are using plugins that are not very old and require minimal mods to work. I don't know of the advantages of version requirements other than to limit it's use exclusively by a certain version.

• Options
    lifeisfoolifeisfoo Zombie plugins finder ✭✭✭

@vrijvlinder If you search in vanilla codebase you'll find many functions that were added in a specific version (2.0.0, 2.0.4, 2.0.4.18, 2.1a1, etc): the version requirement avoid that a plugin can fail (calling a not-existing function) after enabling it. But for the developer isn't so fast to check what is the minimum version that works...I use the vanilla version that I have tested.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited June 2013

Yes very true , I have had to change a few to make it work on some really old ones and obsolete ones, as an experiment on making it work and what it takes. To learn about it. I don't encourage people to arbitrarily think that just changing requirements is enough, on some it is on some it is not.

Does not hurt to try. If there is an error the plugin will fail to load. If it loads and screws things up it can be disabled from the dashboard. Only people with some idea of what they are doing should attempt the more complex revivals :)