Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Topics duplicating

Well, I'm having a problem on my site when users post a new topic it gets duplicated two or three times. I'm using the VanillaBootstrap theme and I believe it is the problem but I don't know where to look about solving it. Any help would be appreciated.

Link: www.poultry.ie

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited June 2013

Themes do not post as far as I know, Please post more info like the numerical version of Vanilla you are using and any plugins you have enabled. You could try another theme but I doubt that is the problem. when I look at your source this is the only problem it picks up
    It does not like undefined ....That is the only part of that theme that registers an error.
    //Autosize textareas
    jQuery('textarea').autosize();});

• Options

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm using version 2.0.18.4. Plugins enabled are as follows:

Vanilla Statistics, Vanilla SEO, Tweet Sweet, Sitemaps, PM, PIUpload, Magic, LatestPostList, Gravatar, Flagging, Emotify :), DiscussionExcerpt2, Custom Pages, BotStop, All Viewed.

Well my first thought was the theme since a lot of users have had problems in the past with the theme due to out of date browsers and the like.

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi know this problem as well. Running under 2.0.18.8 this issue exists, but to me it seems it has been a heavier problem in versions before.

My community has about 1.000 comments a day, i do not have a clear overview, but i guess it happens two or three times a week. From my opinion it has nothing to do with a certain theme.

Not the best info, but the only i got about this rare issue. :/

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

The good thing about themes is that they just look good or bad but they don't act on anything. You should disable plugins one by one and see if you can trace the bug.

Well a way to test if is the theme is to go to the default or try a new theme. But I don't think that is the case here.