Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Reorder entries? (Last entry, first display)

Is it possible to to display all contribution that way:

On the top the newest
On the bottom the oldest

I searched the forum, but didn't find any hints. But I guess I am not the only one.

Tagged:

Comments

• there is an add-on for 2.0.18.8

there is an option in 2.1

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thx for the hint. I'll try.

• @peregrine said:

there is an option in 2.1

Hm', I have checked 2.1b1, but I cannot find the option anywhere (also not in the personal options). Any hint for this?

• I meant discussion sort for 2.1

$Configuration['Vanilla']['Discussions']['SortDirection'] = 'asc';

for comments - i think they abandoned the thought based on the info in the plugin above.

why would you want to sort it? If you are logged in you go to the last read discussion.

or you could use unread comments option to only display comments you didn't read.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine said:
    why would you want to sort it?

I think the answer to the WHY? might cause a flame. I appreciate that at least that the cursor jumps to the last entry. I compare to email, cause there I reply on the top, and I hardly know anybody who replys at the bottom. I think, this would make sense, when the content of all the previous messages really matters but the way I see it, it rarely matters. Therefore I would like to have everything up-side-down, i.e. last posts at the top, and 'leave-a-comment' as well on the top. But as mentioned MY idea. And when you are used differently, then I guess, its hard to argue ;)

@peregrine said:
    I meant discussion sort for 2.1

$Configuration['Vanilla']['Discussions']['SortDirection'] = 'asc';

Thx for the hint...