Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

.htaccess issue

Hello anyone,
I really need help , my issue is my .htaccess file , since it was missing , I did used .htaccess file I had from another vanilla forum , but it showing me an error 500 , anyway anyone can show me what to write to create a new .htaccess file for i can upload to my site.

thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• I doubt it was missing, it probably didn't get uploaded, because your ftp client, was not configured to show .* files.

grep is your friend.

• I'm using FILEZILLA usually i use 3D FTP , so how can fix my problem ?
    When I connect my self to my other forum , I can see my .htaccess

• it a setup to do on FILEZILLA ?

• look for the .htaccess files also on the root folder example /username/public_html look for it here /username/.htaccess , delete that one since that may cause also some confusion, furthermore like @x00 said, make sure you've uploaded the .htaccess provided by vanillaforums itself.

• Ok thanks , where can i find this file on the vanilla forum?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

depending on how you are looking for it. .files are sometimes hidden.
    e.g. In unix "ls" command will not show . files. That may not be the case for you, but if you weren't aware.

you can see samples of .htaccess files by searching this forum. also make sure you have read permissions on it on file itself.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @MAGIKA said:
    I did used .htaccess file I had from another vanilla forum , but it showing me an error 500

So you uploaded another .htaccess file and it gave you an error. Why don't you use the original .htaccess file from the original download?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

You can also get it here:

https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/blob/master/.htaccess

Make sure to change rewrite base in your .htaccess file if needed

• Adriansonline, thanks it work now