Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Privacy and Information

Would it be possible to set it to show less information about members' locations, as it is now, anyone can come on the site and see pretty close to the address of each person there, down to individual towns, I'm sure some people wouldn't like that. Could it be set just to show the country, or even just the flag alone?
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Only admin and moderators can see the ip address etc. Normal members only see the flag and name of country.

If you want to hide more things, use css to hide them. Use firebug or some other web inspector and select the element to see what it's class or id is and use display:none one the element in your custom.css

• Options

that's odd, because I can clearly see the names of states and even individual towns whilst not logged in, which isn't go, so I'll have to change it all

• Options

Sorry i know this is old, but for anyone wanting to drop the city just remove: $location from $title = "$country$location"; on line 59.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

What info is available depends on which information is in the GeoLiteCity.dat for a given IP.
    What is displayed is determined in lines 51 - 55 (https://github.com/gingerbeardman/WorldFlags/blob/master/class.worldflags.plugin.php)

$country = htmlentities($record->country_name);
    $region = htmlentities($record->region);
    $metro = htmlentities($record->metro_code);
    $cityname = htmlentities($record->city);

You could:
    1. delete or comment out what you do not need or
    2. extend this to make some of the information only available for logged in users

$IsGuest != $Session->IsValid();
    $country = htmlentities($record->country_name);
    $region = $IsGuest ? '' : htmlentities($record->region);
    $metro = $IsGuest ? '' : htmlentities($record->metro_code);
    $cityname = $IsGuest ? '' : htmlentities($record->city);

(Not tested)