Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Any way to make it only count real data?

It's a nice feature, but for some reason, it counts all spam bots blocked by my filters as members, giving a much higher number than there should be. the number of views looks suspiciously high as well. is there any way around this?

Comments

• At the moment I'm busy, and I've written too many plugins and received too few donations to look at specific feature requests from people who haven't donated.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @kitutal said:
    It's a nice feature, but for some reason, it counts all spam bots blocked by my filters as members, giving a much higher number than there should be. the number of views looks suspiciously high as well. is there any way around this?

it's real - those are members - if you don't want them get rid of them

If you have so many banned members just delete them them using cleanser, why keep them around, and the ips to your .htaccess deny access list or use botstop.

the views are as accurate as your database.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• they're not banned, they only ever applied and were denied access before joining, so they shouldn't even become members at all. I'll have to see if I can remove them, but since they don't seem to be listed anywhere in my dashboard, I'm not sure how.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

So if they applied, they are considered deleted but still reside in your table.

I update the plugin in version 2.1 - get it now. It doesn't count declined applicants, and should give you more of what you were looking for.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/964/statistics-footer

• oh, that's great, thanks, I'll try that out right away :D