Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Clarification on Vanilla AntiSpam

Hey all. I (along with apparently everyone else) have been having some major issues with spambots lately. I installed Vanilla AntiSpam, hoping that would fix the problem, and got more spam 24 hours later. Going back, however, I see that the plugin actually flagged the post as being spam, it just didn't stop it.

Unfortunately, I have email notification for my forum which is essential for the content, but inconvenient when users get emails for spammy posts. So my question is thus: does the "Delete Spam Automatically" actually delete the post before it gets posted, or will it actually submit the post, triggering an email to users, then delete it after the fact?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Start your question under the plugin please and mention your vanilla versions.

@underdog

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Sorry. I'll open it again. I didn't think version would be relevant in this case, but I'll add it.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

@Lark said:
    Sorry. I'll open it again. I didn't think version would be relevant in this case, but I'll add it.

The version might be relevant now. It will almost certainly be relevant in the future.

Posting it under the plugin adds more data (and therefore value to the discussion).

I like to post in a manner such that no one familiar with you or anyone else here will still find some value in our discussion.

I look forward to helping you!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Great opening post, except for version info, etc. I will close this one for your convenience and look forward to one started from the plugin page :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited July 2013
This discussion has been closed.