Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Theme with Display " Passwords don't match " same its not true

Hello,

2 days I'm search for a solution.
I have no expertise in php and css. I hope to find here help thank you for your time.

I use this theme but if you click on "Apply for membership" and complete the informations requested you see the message "passwords do not match" appears even if everything is correct and the forum accept registration.

The problem is that users think have one problem and leave the forum without registration :(

I searched a lot in the forum it seems that the problem is this theme that does not use smarty.
With google me found other forums with this template and me test all have this problem.

Informations founded about this problem :

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/16325/passwords-don-t-match-even-when-they-do
http://vanillaforums.com/discussion/778/passwords-don-t-match-problem
http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/Using_Smarty_with_Vanilla

I tried in file default.master.php

change this

" class="clearfix">

by this

" class="<?php echo $this->CssClass; ?>">

This seems to work but gives a new problem :

when looking at the profile of a member of the profile window is not on the right (as before), now she is on the left :(

Note : Theme used with Vanilla version 2.0.18.8

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Please use firebug or any browser web inspector to inspect the elements and find the css rules you need to create or edit if they exist.

Please research css floats

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_float.asp

Please provide a link to the installation if you want further help. My Crystal ball broke and can no longer predict what is wrong :(

Ps, If you would not mind, Please change your avatar with a non animated image as it is a bit irritating and distracting to some people and makes their computer act funny :(

• Thank you for your help.

Really sorry, the link for my forum its http://v.multi-gaming.fr/forum (for the moment friends and me spam in forum for test all things because i am new with vanilla).

(sure i change avatar)

Thanks ! ok I see it is a private forum , can you disable the redirect for now so I can look at the user profile ?

• Damned I'm really dizzy now private forum disabled and I must say for the moment the forum is back with initially theme files (not modified) because my solution was not working well.

edited July 2013

In any event if what you want is to make the Panel in the profile go to one side or the other, use float left to make it left and float right to make it go right

body.Dashboard.Profile.Index.Profile #Panel {
        float: left;
        width: 250px;
        margin-left: 10px;
        }

then you need to change the content the same way for the profile

body.Dashboard.Profile.Index.Profile #Content {
        float: right;
        margin: 0 10px 40px 0;
        width: 680px;
        }

Ok thanks , so what is it that you wish to do here? so I have a clear idea

I see what you mean about the passwords don't match

ok so you say that the registration goes through ok even if it says that right?

then use css to hide that

span#PasswordsDontMatch.Incorrect  {
        display: none;
        color: red;
        }

I found these errors in that registration page, this is the fix for the alignment

#dashboard_entry_register #wrapper #forumWrap #Body #Content .Box {
    background: none transparent;
    height: 600px;
    width: 100px;
    box-shadow: none;
    -o-box-shadow: none;
    -webkit-box-shadow: none;
    border-radius: none;
    }

#dashboard_entry_register #Content {
    width: 760px;
    margin: 0 50px;
    position: relative;
    top: -240px;
    background-color: transparent;
    border-radius: 0;
    -webkit-border-radius: 0;
    -moz-border-radius: 0;
    -o-border-radius: 0;
    }

edited July 2013

Also you can check to see if the js is correct in the applications/dashboard/js/entry.js and You could also comment out the else part like I did below

// Check to see if passwords match

$('input[name$=PasswordMatch]').blur(function() {
              if ($('#Register input[name$=Password], body.register input[name$=Password]').val() == $(this).val())
                 $('#PasswordsDontMatch').hide();
            //  else
             //    $('#PasswordsDontMatch').show();
           });

$('#Form_ConnectName').focus(function() {
              $('input[value=other]').attr('checked', 'checked');
           });
        });

edited July 2013

I downloaded the theme to look at it and I found several problems , it seems the person who made this theme put every plugin and file from the dashboard into his theme and that is wrong. Unless it is meant to be extracted from this folder and placed in the the correct folder, make sure you did that. I don't think this theme should be used like this, but I could be wrong. There are files in there that are outdated and some may conflict with plugins. I hope you extracted the stuff correctly . I would definitely remove the entry.php for sure.

You need to get rid of some folders. Move everything out of the games folder

The structure of the theme folder should look like this and only contain these files:

main folder Games theme

**about.php **

design folder

custom.css file inside design folder and images folder inside this too.

views folder

default.master.php

Remove all the rest of the files in there and save them elsewhere if you want.

There should be no other files in the theme folder except for the ones the theme uses. Those other files are , plugins, and core files, controllers and modules that the theme is not even using. It is going to cause many problems.

• Really big thank you because with your help its good now.

i used the more simple solution me give for others guys :

in theme files ---> game/views/entry you see file named registercaptcha.php

in this file search :

echo '<span id="PasswordsDontMatch" class="Incorrect" style="display: none;">'.T("Passwords don't match").'</span>';
    And just do inactive this line, remplace by :

//echo '<span id="PasswordsDontMatch" class="Incorrect" style="display: none;">'.T("Passwords don't match").'</span>';
    But it is on you're right, it is better to adjust the theme so that it follows well the construction according vanilla,
    I am not competent for this thing.

This problem exists in other theme the same author with the same construction.
    Maybe he will be happy to know this.

Note : The game Star Citizen under construction use too Vanilla Forums see here ---> https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/
    Sure this video game be one revolution because its Christ Robert http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Roberts him make Freelancer, Starlancer, Wing Commander, Outlander

This problem exists in other theme the same author with the same construction. Maybe he will be happy >to know this.

The author for this theme does not offer free support :(

I sugest you follow my advise and remove that file and the others from the theme.

You can clone the theme save it with another name, then just use the files I mentioned above. If the problem remains let us know it could be a bug, but the way I see it is the files should not be coming from the game folder.

Please try what I recommend. With any theme that has those files in there.

If something needs those files for some crazy reason, you will notice and you can let us know what it is doing.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/

That is a very cool looking theme too. I do like these themes for sure , however some files might be conflicting and causing errors. Try shedding some files start with all the entry files.