Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

SQL error when deleting a Category

edited July 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I just noticed an incorrect Category label and went to delete and replace it in Dashboard.

This error popped up in red:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'c from GDN_Comment c join GDN_Discussion d on c.DiscussionID = d.DiscussionID wh' at line 1|Gdn_Database|Query|delete GDN_Comment c from GDN_Comment c join GDN_Discussion d on c.DiscussionID = d.DiscussionID where d.CategoryID = :dCategoryID

Comments

• Your Vanilla version is either 2.0.18.8 or 2.1 which one is it and what is the bug report number on github?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• After I uncommented some just-commented-out lines in config.php and restored 'entrycontroller' to default.php in ForceRedirect the error went away.

BTW:
    Bluehost - Mojomarketplace doesn't specify https://mojomarketplace.com/scripts which version they install.

Forum Dashboard - Applications says Vanilla Version 2.0.18.8

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

They do when you install they give you a list to choose the only stable version is 2.0.18.8 so that is likely the one . You can also find it in the dashboard at the foot of the page.

• I notice it now in the bottom right, thanks!

I don't recall it in Bluehost - Mojomarketplace when I set up Vanilla, no surprise given my memory, but could not find it when I went in there earlier and looked around without starting a new install.

I wonder why Run Version Checker doesn't include the Vanilla version in their output - it would be nice to have for a printout.

• @DavidColburn said:
    I wonder why Run Version Checker doesn't include the Vanilla version in their output - it would be nice to have for a printout.

So : a second bug report on github? And what's the bug report number please

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I apparently triggered this one via poor code editing ... ;-/

As for Run Version Checker it was a casual mention of a possible feature - I suppose most people are aware of their version of Vanilla - my attention to the project is time-fragmented.

Thanks.