HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Needs Our Help at Wikipedia

AdrianAdrian Wandering SpiritMontreal MVP
edited July 2013 in General Banter

It looks like some are trying to get the Wikipedia page for Vanilla Forums deleted: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla_(forum)

As a big fan of Vanilla I've tried my best to beef up their entry, but I would love to have community help to make the article better or make their voices heard on the deletion discussion. We have the numbers and passion to show Vanilla is worthy of a page in Wikipedia...

Comments

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Thanks @adriansonline.

Also try to promoter Vanilla Forums where ever you see an opportunity like forum matrix.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I put a section on Garden to explain it better, I would appreciate if someone puts applicable citations.

grep is your friend.

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

@aery, I did add it ;)@x00 I'll take a look, thanks for the help

Anyone can help with outside references for Garden? I'm trying to find reliable non-Vanilla domain sources. Also please don't be shy to add to other areas or leave a comment against deletion on the deletion discussion. Thanks all ;)

• I remove the imported from core feature. This is a standalone script rather than a core feature.

grep is your friend.

@tama awesome job. Looks like you're a wiki expert ;)

• As well as third part source i believe it is ok in these instances to reference the docs.

grep is your friend.

@x00 their beef seemed to be links to the docs, for some reason on the original modifications I made. Hopefully enough links showing outside sources will change their mind on notability and I can add those too. Thanks for writing the section on Garden, it was awesome :)

• Be sure to post your vote on the Talk page, with your reasons. Base your reasons on the official Wikipedia guidelines if you can. The admins look there to see who cares and why.

@got2code, the votes actually should be on the article deletion page discussion. I don't want to link to it to give it any more prominence than it deserves, but the link is on the header of the article page. I see one person on the talk page who says the content is too promotional, but I don't see anything wrong with Vanilla also talking about hosted solution. Maybe some other members can help tweak it to sound less so. I added a lot of content as did others to tone it down, so I might not be the best judge. Right now to me it's pretty good...

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

They must have listen to me and the threats I made to have wikipedia banished if they deleted Vanilla page .... ;)