Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Hide popup box / detect quicker?

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'd like to hide the popup box that says "Connecting..." with the dialog "Hi % just connecting you to forum..." but none of the changes I've made seem to work.

Ideally, I'd like the whole process to be invisible to the user. I have noticed that it first displays the page as if they're not signed in and that it takes a second for it to pick up their login info. I'm not sure if this is a limitation of jsConnect or if it's something designed specifically to occur.

Answers

• I got the popup box hidden, but it still takes a few seconds to show that they're logged.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2012

This is how jsConnect works. It is a three step handshake, so it is going to take roughly 3x
    the speed of a return. So if you have a fast set ups it will be fast, but most people don't. So a couple of second is average.

You can use proxy connect instead, but you have the overhead on the server whilst the curl request are being made, it is also more complicated to set up.

grep is your friend.

• hi i have integrated jsconnect plugin and jsconnect auto sign but auto login is not happening.it shows
    "Connecting..." with the dialog "Hi % just connecting you to forum..." .

• @MotiveKyle said:
    I got the popup box hidden, but it still takes a few seconds to show that they're logged.

Can you share how you got it hidden? I'm having the same issue.

• I would like to know this also. for 2.3.1