Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Scroll jumping on asynchronous update

I have a strange bug, if the conversation is too long for the whole of it to display, I have scrollbars appearing, so far so good.
only, if I scroll all the way down (newest shout) it jumps back up about 1/10 of the scroll way (hiding the newest post) on the asynchronous update.
any idea about this or can I provide more info somehow?

Comments

• Is your forum embedded.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine: no it is not, it is located in the sidebar however.
    Ah, it could be that this has something to do with line breaks.. seems it jumps to the Name of the last comment, and not simply the last line of the last comment. in multiline comments this breaks things.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

You could try messing with discussioncontroller.php in the views of the plugin- just a guess.

function UpdateShoutbox()

and add or subtract a few pixels to obj.scrollTop (whichever it may be.)

if(scrolldown == true)
                {
                    obj.scrollTop = obj.scrollHeight;
                }

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• This problem has been reported more then once, and I am sorry to have to tell you I have absolutely no idea why this is happening or how to fix it. The word-wrap might be a good start, but for I all understood the above code should still scroll to the bottom...