HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Do not show threads in a other language

Hi there,

my question is. Is there a Plugin or workarround so that user can't see threads which are in a different language?
I have given my user the offer to switch the language, but they all can see categorys in a different language. So my question is,- is it possible to show or not to show threads on the other language?

Sincerly

Jonathan.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I have not seen any localizations yet, but the info must be either in discussion table or in user table so you can filter that with a plugin. But all discussions started by a user with German language will only be available for Germans only.

=> You will have to exclude discussions from admins so that your crucial information is accessible for all forum members.

Users of your forum who do not post in one language only will have problems, that might not only be admins.

To me it appears to be a much better solution to make two top categories per language and then duplicate the category structure underneath.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited August 2013

@deex You can use the Translate this button to make it any language they want.

http://translateth.is

• Hi R_J,

yes that is was i had done,- but i thought it would be much nicer to look on if they can only see categorys in there language. A futher workarround would be to install to forums but this is not optimal.

@Vrijvlinder,

Thanks for the hint but we translate our topics self in two languages.

• i meant yes that is what..

• TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013

You could use this plugin http://vanillaforums.org/addon/forcerole-plugin

1. Create a role for the two language groups
    2. Create two categories, and assign permissions restricting the views to one of the two groups.

To Extend:

• Edit the plugin ( or plugin locale) to change the title on the plugin "Choose a role to continue" -> "Choose a language group to continue".

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• deexdeex New
    edited August 2013

Hey Tama, great Thanks i used that way and it was excellent,- i did 3 new roles.

Your idea worked perfectly =) the user have now the possibility to see threads in a language they want ;) excellent really a great great idea =). A further thing that brings me to fall in love with my vanilla forum =)