Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Orchid Problem

Hi, I just installed the Orchid module on my local Drupal installation to integrate my Vanilla local forum with my Drupal local website. It works fine but when I register a new user on my site, it doesn't appear automatically in my Vanilla forum's users list... Is there a way to make Drupal and Vanilla work on the same user table? (The database I set up during the Vanilla installation is the same database I set up for Drupal).

Ps: sorry for my bad english (I'm italian) and thanks in advance.

Comments

• When you configure single sign on, Users are created by Vanilla as soon as they access the forum. If you wish to create a Vanilla User as soon as he registers on Drupal, I would recommend developing a plugin to do that, perhaps leveraging the API plugin.

Forcing Vanilla to use another table to manage the Users would require hacking the core files, which is never a good idea.

• I didn't know that users were automatically created by Vanilla as soon as they ACCESSED the forum in the Drupal environment. Thank you so much, and sorry for bothering.

• @UncleAnto said:
    I didn't know that users were automatically created by Vanilla as soon as they ACCESSED the forum in the Drupal environment.

That should be the behaviour when single sign on is enabled, but I'm not familiar with Drupal Orchid plugin. There may be the chance that the logic is slightly different.