Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Sound for shoutbox?

Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

Hi.. ;)
Are there any plans for integrating Sounds to the Shoutbox?
So if one User shouts, there would be a "Ping" ?
If this is not integrated and you find it a good feature that would be great.. ;)
And don't forget an OFF Button.. ;)))

Greetz,

Dr. Sommer

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited August 2013

If that is the kind of chat box you want try VChat it has video and if you do not like you can embed a xat chat it has all those things and more http://xat.com

you can add the chat to you forum via pockets plugin or just add it to the default master as an embed

this is also a pretty good chat

http://www.rumbletalk.com

• Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

Hi, vrijvlinder... ;)
    You seem to be a very active Member and always with a helping Hand... that's GREAT!! :D:D

the Problem with the other Chats is, that there is no direct UserLogin from my User into the Chat, as solved in the Shoutbox... i would like a chat like the Shoutbox or maybe a better Chat solution with normal basic functions, including SOUNDS.. ;)
    Maybe I want to much yet, having in Mind that I just started with Vanilla.. ;D ;D ;D
    But maybe this is because I hat these features in my old forum, so i would like to offer my Users the same Usability like in the old one...
    aahhh... i have to take it EEEAASSYY!!! :D:D:D

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited August 2013

@Dr_Sommer said:
    Hi, vrijvlinder... ;)
    You seem to be a very active Member and always with a helping Hand... that's GREAT!! :D:D

Yes , I try to any way to the best of my ability :)

the Problem with the other Chats is, that there is no direct UserLogin from my User into the Chat, as solved in the Shoutbox... i would like a chat like the Shoutbox or maybe a better Chat solution with normal basic functions, including SOUNDS.. ;)

Yes I understand, however the logins for these chats are very simple and fast no need for passwords and works with facebook and twitter. One benefit is The load for the chats will not have a detrimental effect on your database from saving all those chats there. It can be used to leave members a message or others to leave one. You can edit the chat to look anyway you want very simple. and it is fast also. I set up a test one if you want to look at it . It is at the bottom of the page http://www.vrijvlinder.com/forum/

I like the shoutbox don't get me wrong. Just that as you say it has it's limitations.

Maybe I want to much yet, having in Mind that I just started with Vanilla.. ;D ;D ;D
    But maybe this is because I hat these features in my old forum, so i would like to offer my Users the same Usability like in the old one...

Vanilla is very flexible so once you become familiar you will be able to create the add ons you need or modify existing ones. It is remarkable that with this software there is always a way even if it does not seem like that at first.

• Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

Just FYI: i found THIS great piece of software... thats exactly the Chat/IM we where using in my old forum and it was great.. ;)
    I'll try, with my basic programming language skills, to adopt it for Vanilla.... so see you in 3 Years from now... ;););)

• TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

You may be able to use jquery, having it execute on a js event where a new message is posted.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• TofTof
    edited February 2016

when for the update with sound ?? =)