HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Icon Request

R_JR_J Ex-FanboyMunich Admin

@vrijvlinder: may I kindly ask for your service? A screenshot as an icon doesn't look fancy :-/

Comments

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

You may kindly ask but she may kindly decline. She like's doing people favours without them asking.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

@Srggamer said:
    You may kindly ask but she may kindly decline.

It's rare, if non-existent if she declines helping others. She's an altruistic superstar and r_j is a rising plugin superstar. So, if I speak for V, I'm sure she will do it in a heartbeat.

She like's doing people favours without them asking.

I would change this to "She is likely doing other people favours (without them asking) and will get to yours shortly"

Hey @Srggamer - what's your website, of you don't mind sharing.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@peregrine said:
    r_j is a rising plugin superstar

Thanks, but I feel more like an Asian country producing cheap rubbish that can neither compete in quality nor in elegance to the rest of the market.
    But I think I'm slowly catching up: I understood almost 80% of the code for the form I've used for the settings in this plugin!

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited September 2013

@R_J you do not give yourself enough credit , take it from someone who has spent enormous amounts of time here and has seen some crazy shite !!!

You are a gifted person. Smart Resourceful and very clever and also a very kind individual I am at your disposal, at the communities disposal !!

What ever you want graphics wise you know that is my drug, I have been a bit busy the last few days stripping floors .... so had not been much on here. otherwise that icon would have already been made!!! lol just ask peregrine, the icon is there before he even knows he is making a new plugin !! hahahahahhahaha

I love the idea of the panel clock and will make you a sweat lookin' icon , give me a day or two coz I have a friend visiting me and wont have time till monday to really work on it.

@Srggamer said:
    You may kindly ask but she may kindly decline.

Only when they ask for simple ....remember? I only do complex lol

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@vrijvlinder said:
    Only when they ask for simple ....remember? I only do complex lol

To True!

@R_J

I made a cool clock , but you need to approve it or tell me how else you would like it :)

edited September 2013

Oh my god, that is really awesome! I'd click on a frenetic-applause-reaction if there would be such a reaction...

• @vrijvlinder

I like 1:00 :).

you should have an art display of plugin icons. You may have bested your last one.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Oh you guys are just too kind !! I think I could improve it hehehe , I like noon and one o'clock best !!

My only concern is that people downloading the plugin will be disappointed by the poor look of the actual clock ;-)

I could make one that would be just a skin with out the hands ?

When I was looking for a JavaScript for an analog watch, I've stumbled upon CoolClock and that it would be a good idea to use that. Originally I've started with a SVG solution which would be much more flexible to skin. I think I will finish that half finished script and afterwards I'd love to get the clockface and the hands as separate files from you!

edited September 2013

Ok @R_J

I figured out how to use the clock face with your clock , I changed only the css and aded the image without the hands made your clock fit inside it. Used the one I made as background of the box.
    You can see it here http://www.cosmicjustice.org/

div.Box.CoolPanelClockBox{
            height:250px;
            background:url(plugins/CoolPanelClock/design/clock2.png)no-repeat;
        }
        canvas#CoolPanelClockFace{
            width: 123px!important;
            height: 123px!important;
            display: block;
            margin: 57px 55px;
        }

Looks great already but I'm already working on a much simpler version which would be way more better (though not easier) to style because it uses SVG

here is the image without the numbers and hands

• Hey, there's some familiar faces!

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

I'm not happy with the watches hands (they are simple boxes) but this clock now shows your beautiful clock face => http://vanillaforums.org/addon/panelclock-plugin
    This one could be customized a way more. Maybe I'll create a skin or two for it in future