Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Profile Picture - Upload problem

NouralisNouralis New
edited September 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Just loaded a new install of Vanilla2. I like everything I've seen so far. But I am getting an error when trying to add a user profile picture.

Error is: The uploaded file was not an image.

This happens for any image file I try  to upload. However, the upload folder remains empty.

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

we don't know your version of vanilla there is no version 2

also give an example of the name of the image and a screenshot. and see if you can upload the profile pic here that gives you problems with yours.

what is the size of the file? what extension is it - jpg png ???

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I am using Vanilla Version 2.0.18.8
    I have tried severl jpg, png, and gif files -- all well under the 2mb maximum size.
    Perhaps I will try an earlier version -- but I like the program and hope I can work this out.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You should check to see if the upload/userphotos folder has write permissions.

Check in your file manager for the uploads folder and find out if it is writeable should have permissions no bigger than 775 in case you want to make it more it is not advisable but people have tried 777. I have 755 on the uploads folders it should work with that.

You could Check that you have these in your config.php file

$Configuration['Garden']['CanProcessImages'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['UserAccount']['AllowEdit']= TRUE; 
    $Configuration['Garden']['Upload']['AllowedFileExtensions']= array('txt','jpg','jpeg','gif','png','bmp','tiff','zip','gz','tar.gz','tgz','psd','ai','fla','swf','pdf','doc','xls','ppt','docx','xlsx','log','rar','7z');
    $Configuration['Garden']['Profile']['MaxHeight']= 1000;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Profile']['MaxWidth']= 250;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Thumbnail']['SaveGif'] = TRUE;

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    You should check to see if the upload/userphotos folder has write permissions...... etc.

Thank you vrijvlinder, I will double check everything you've mentioned.
    Your suggestions are appreciated.

N-

• Options

Problems solved! Issue was caused by a faulty installation. Started all over with fresh install and everything works great. My hats off to all the developers. :-)

N-