Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

is it not working with 2.1b1?

jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭

enabled it and nothing changed.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Ok jeongwee it is not tested on 2.1 yet . It says only 2.0.18.8 ...

@R_J here are two icons I made for this plugin :)

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Well, it will work out of the box
    1. if you are using no outdated browser
    2. and using unmodified theme of 2.0.18

If you look at the css you'll see that the path is somewhat hardcoded and so you might have to modify it.

Post the sourcecode of a discussion beginning from span=Gender up to the username and I'll try to tell you the css you will have to use

@vrijvlinder: I'll take the right one!

• jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭

i use Chrome... i checked html theres no span=Gender ,only i saw is span=Gender_m and span=Gender_u

The plugin works by enclosing the user name as close as possible with a <span="Gender_X">...code for user name...</span> where "X" is m,f or whatever is in the "User" table in column "Gender". So if you have Gender_u you obviously have to create a line in showgender.css for Gender_u.

I have taken a look at your site 15min.cc and found <a class="Username" ... >. If you are using the same on your testsystem, try span.Gender_m a.Username:after {content:' \2642'}

Figure out what "u" means and add span.Gender_u a.Username:after {content:' whatever'} to your CSS.

• Figure out what "u" means.

Gender unspecified - you could have an icon that says "Wouldn't you like to know?"

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

I'd suggest span.Gender_m a.Username:after {content:' 1f47d'} (look here)

Unicode is fun :-)

btw: you could in fact use it exactly this way span.Gender_m a.Username:after {content:' Wouldn't you like to know?'}

• @R_J

I have an idea for your next plugin.

Make it so discussions posted by anybody over 30 years of age are not visible to anybody under 20 years of age, since they don't listen anyway.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

edited September 2013

u mean add

span.Gender_m a.Username:after {content:' \2642'}

to both showgender.css and custom.css? i don really know how :after :before works.
    sry i have bad savvy .

• i don really know how :after :before works.

have you heard of the tool called google? :)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

i don really know how :after :before works.

have you heard of the tool called google? :)

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/sel_after.asp

http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2011/07/13/learning-to-use-the-before-and-after-pseudo-elements-in-css/

R_J said:
    you obviously have to create a line in showgender.css **

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

@jeongwee

why are you using version 2.1b1?  when version 2.1b2 is available.

Also when people ask what version are you using you could say 2.1b 
        and then they could say which version of 2.1b  -  2.1b1 or 2.1b2

you meaning not you but you as in one.

watching on it , sry i didnt took a good look at the content: and before: after: part when i learning the css.

• when in doubt with css, I just use google.

edited September 2013

edited~~

edited September 2013

@R_J ok, i figured it out. i think "u" is mean unknown. (the 1F47D is fun :D )

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

@peregrine sry, for being lazy, i will try remind myself to do a search first next time (if something is simple and basic.btw im not 30+, im 20+ )

I think :after is advanced CSS stuff so when you learn about CSS, pseudo elements are nothing you need to know on the first run

edited September 2013

kinda gave up at 1st time, when i saw the things out of my knowledge.

but at last i figured it out by the helps , and had a lesson.thx.