Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Facebook login already works in wordpress - how to SSO with embedded vanilla?

Hello all,
I already have a Wordpress site up and running and we are using the Facebook AWD plugin to allow uses to login to our site with Facebook. This works great as it is fast and simple, but when the user gets to the forum they are not logged in with the account that is created for them in wordpress.

I like the facebook integration that comes with Vanilla, but I don't think I can use the same facebook application for both the wordpress install and the forum. Even if I could, I'd really love to know if there's a way to SSO into Vanilla once the user is logged into Wordpress via Facebook Connect?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• To clarify, I'm using Vanilla 2.0.18.8 and the "Vanilla Forum" plugin in Wordpress.

• I really should have done some more searching. I just installed the wp-vanilla plugin and jsconnect and it seems to be a working solution.