Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Struggling with installation (Fatal error: Class 'PasswordHash' not found)

Hey,

I got this error while trying to install a fresh deployment of Vanilla forums on my server:

Fatal error: Class 'PasswordHash' not found in /*domain*/forum/library/core/class.passwordhash.php on line 31

I've checked the files, php version and everything else listed in the requirements and my hosting should work just fine. I've tried googling, found some hits here on this forum but these weren't very helpful.

Anyone able to tip me what I'm doing wrong, and how I can fix it?

Comments

• What is the Vanilla version you are trying to deploy? Did you download it or was it a pre-installed script?

Which PHP version does your host have?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Vanilla version 2.0.18.8 php info available at www.heroesofwar.pl/phpinfo.php

• did you try downloading files again and doing a fresh install?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

sound like install of source files is not complete possibly.

make sure you have these two files correctly installed.

library/core/vendors/phpass/PasswordHash.php

library/core/class.passwordhash.php

and PATH_LIBRARY needs to point correctly to find PasswordHash.php

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I'm retrying with the beta version of the forums right now. I guess I didn't set up the file permissions properly the first time I tried install the stable version, I'll have a go at it in a min.