Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Time zone setting?

edited October 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm using 2.1b2 and I have a problem reported in other posts about the time zone not being reported properly when not logged in. I set date.timezone = America/Los_Angeles in php.ini (the setting was previously commented out).

In looking at my boostrap.php file, I can see

date_default_timezone_set('UTC');

but according to the linked post, in a previous version it was:
if (ini_get('date.timezone') == '') date_default_timezone_set('America/Montreal');

Should I just change to date_default_timezone_set('America/Los_Angeles')? Use the previous version's code?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Just wanted to add that I tried changing date_default_timezone_set and nothing seemed to affect the times displayed in the forum when not logged in.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Please report these issues at:

https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues

Not enough people testing 2.1b2 here, you will have better luck posting this there :)

• Options

@vrijvlinder Thanks, I opened an issue at GitHub.

• Options
    AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭

I also experienced a TimeZone issue but for me it's the opposite. Having issue after user signs in.

Thread dates are 8 hours ahead after signing in. but if not logged in it's correctly displaying the time of all threads base on my server timezone.

i noticed in the old db HourOffset column for my user is 0, but in 2.1 it has been replace based my computer's timezone which is (+8), i saw the global.js calling an ajax updating it upon logging in.

If anyone experiencing the same issue. i have a temp fix here.