Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to change code tag formatting for 2.1b2 to match this forum?

2»

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes, I have gotten it to display in nice lines but have not gotten the numbers to work.
    Doing research on the matter. Will get back to you when I find something that works...

• Options

@vrijvlinder Thank you. This is the first forum of my own that I'm building where I actually hope to form a small community. I've had success with builds for others, and have set up some of my own, mostly for fun and learning, but this time I think I can create something that will actually get used. However, code blocks are essential for this community I want to build, and I have to say, the default Vanilla code blocks are the worst I've encountered, at least in comparison to SMF, phpBB, and Phorum. IMHO, the version of code blocks used here at vanillaforums.org should be the default. Then they would be the best default code blocks.

• Options
    SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@Openletter thanks for the nice words (from the community!)

• Options

@Srggamer You're welcome. I try to provide constructive criticism and encouragement, when I feel I've no option but to criticize, especially with free products.

BTW, everything I am doing to my installation is being documented and will end up in the wiki that will be on my site, which will have an article explaining how to install Vanilla to a LEMP server and perform basic configuration options, or at least what I consider basic.

• Options

@openletter said:
    BTW, everything I am doing to my installation is being documented and will end up in the wiki that will be on my site

Great! Another Vanilla Wiki! Why not post it on the existing Wiki?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

@UnderDog The wiki I'm making is not a Vanilla wiki, it's a server wiki that covers a broad range of topics for a specific server configuration. When the wiki is complete, you are free to copy information from the (one) article on Vanilla Forums into the Vanilla Wiki. I already plan to post a link when it is finished.

• Options

For anyone watching this thread or who may stumble upon it, @vrijvlinder made a plugin called PrettyPrint that resolves this issue.