Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

page turning problem

jeongweejeongwee Vanilla version 2.6 ✭✭
edited October 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

vanilla 2.1b2

how do i do ,so the page wont auto turn to the last comment (#latest) when every time i click on a discussion ?

its so trouble to see the discussion content when a discusion had 2+ pages,i have to click page 1 to make the page go back so i can see the discussion content.

does anyone also felt its uncomfortable?

Best Answer

• Options
    ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    Answer ✓

In Vanilla 2.1+, $Configuration['Vanilla']['Comments']['AutoOffset'] = FALSE; doesn't remove #latest from the URL. It stops the HTML tag with the "latest" ID from being rendered in the view, so having #latest in the URL doesn't do anything.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

Answers

• Options

nvm , i have solved it just add a $Configuration['Vanilla']['Comments']['AutoOffset'] = FALSE; to config.php.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

does anyone also felt its uncomfortable?

No. Latest only redirects to page 2 if I have already read the discussion. So I do not need to see it again.

Just in case you were also interested in opinions about the feature ;-)

• Options
    edited October 2013

looks still not working.......why?

i tryed delete #latest in a url before enter it, looks works.it auto turn to the start of a discussion without delay.

does there a way to delete #latest on each discussion url?

like when we open a discussion the original url is

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25132/we-won-people-s-choice-award-for-best-forum-software#latest

how do we make it ,so every time when we open a discussion the url is

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25132/we-won-people-s-choice-award-for-best-forum-software

everyone know that?

• Options
    edited October 2013

@R_J said: No. Latest only redirects to page 2 if I have already read the discussion. So I do not need to see it again.

problem is its also add a #latest on a unread discussion.its so uncomfortable.

if a disussion had a lot of comments,ppl have to turn back the page to checking the new comments by manually .

whatever you have to roll a page sometimes,auto turn to the latest comment just annoyed.

also for the discussion poster,he will like ppl to see his dicussion content frist.

• Options
    ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    Answer ✓

In Vanilla 2.1+, $Configuration['Vanilla']['Comments']['AutoOffset'] = FALSE; doesn't remove #latest from the URL. It stops the HTML tag with the "latest" ID from being rendered in the view, so having #latest in the URL doesn't do anything.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options
    edited October 2013

@Shadowdare hmm, you are right.

i just found the page which still turning to the end are posted before i addedd $Configuration['Vanilla']['Comments']['AutoOffset'] = FALSE;

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You could try a custom route, I think, but I couldn't help you with that, sorry...