Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Any plans to make Vanilla translatable with Poedit?

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I was wondering if you have any plans to make Vanilla translatable with Poedit. IMHO, the current way to translate the software is not user-friendly at all. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    We're looking at a few different options for this. Poedit being one of them :)

Would love any advice or recommendations from the community for this or other translation platforms/services.
  • Options
    Thank you very much for getting back to me.

I have some little experience translating with Poedit. Unfortunately, not enough to be of much use for the community.

Poedit extracts the strings from the apps, and creates a file that can be used to create your own language version.

Basically what I know for sure is that using Poedit is easier than the current method of translation.
  • Options
    Poedit is easy enough to use but take notice that you can insert foreign language literal strings in it. I don't know what bit of software handles this, but in WordPress, either the core or individual themes, take care of the character set. It would be a disaster to go to a language system making translations unbelievably difficult.
  • Options

http://poeditor.com/ is always a good, web-based solution for translating software. Great for collaborative work, very user-friendly too.