Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to disable Signature for member

ChanuxChanux Admin of Geek.lk ✭✭

How to disable Signature for member. i jest want to "only admin can add signature for member"

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2013

With this change only Admins (or roles that can edit users) can make a signature or edit a signature for a user.

to prevent option from showing to non-admins

change line 64

$SideMenu->AddLink('Options', T('Signature Settings'), '/profile/signature', FALSE, array('class' => 'Popup'));

to

$SideMenu->AddLink('Options', T('Signature Settings'), '/profile/signature','Garden.Users.Edit' , array('class' => 'Popup'));

to prevent non-admins from getting to the link if they know it, change ....

public function ProfileController_Signature_Create($Sender) {
          if (!C('Plugins.Signatures.Enabled'))
             return;

to

public function ProfileController_Signature_Create($Sender) {
          if (!C('Plugins.Signatures.Enabled'))
             return;
     //add these three lines here below    
      $IsAdmin = Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission('Garden.Users.Edit');
          if (!$IsAdmin)
             return;

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @so chanux, did this ever work for you?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• if I may hijack for a moment, what file is that you are editing here? Is there one master file where all the good stuff is?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

look in the signatures plugin.

generally if someone posts a change to a plugin

it is code in the plugin folder

generally default.php (if there is one)

or class.FILLINTHENAMEOFTHEPLUGIN,plugin.php

since there are generallt very few php files in a plugin.

you can always get notepad++ or some other editor and search for line references.

so you could always search all the php files in the signature plugin for "ProfileController_Signature_Create" and that would tell you the file.

in this case it would be class.signatures,plugin.php

• Ok thanks peregrine, really big help. I need to look at the back end files more carefully.

• @qh3
    thanks for responding back. let us know if it works for you.