Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What happens to the user's data?

When you delete a user through Vanilla it gives you 3 choices:
1) Keep User Content
2) Blank User Content
3) Remove User Content

With this plugin, when you "purge users", what happens to their data?

Comments

• What does that mean?

3 - Remove User Content?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited November 2013

It means they go into a black hole and they never come back. The big star is your purged data, the red disk is the cleanser, the black hole in the middle is the drain where the purged data goes.

You have the option of not removing the user content if they had anything good to say. Otherwise removing them and their bags is the best thing to do.

• dalieudalieu New
    edited November 2013

@vrijvlinder said:

Otherwise removing them and their bags is the best thing to do.

So I'm assuming this removes their posts on the activity wall too? Sorry, just trying to clarify.

edited November 2013

Oh forgive me then , it is hard to come up with clearer explanation than the words themselves. The words seem clear to me .

Keep=Keep means you keep their data and posts but not them.

Blank=Blank their content so it is not deleted but can't be seen(this is not clear to me)

Remove=Remove completely including from the database. No trace of them left.

Unless the words mean something else that is what it means.

With this plugin, when you "purge users", what happens to their data?

Purge=Purge , their data is deleted fully and completely , see the picture .

Cleanser will remove permanently so make a backup.

• You could have just said "Yes" when I asked "Remove User Content?" instead of being a jackass, but thanks for answering the question.

I was not aware it was a yes or no question. But you are welcome.

• Of course not, because it's much easier to answer questions with pictures.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

@dalieu

@dalieu said:
    You could have just said "Yes" when I asked "Remove User Content?" instead of being a jackass, but thanks for answering the question.

and you could have said:

You could have just said "Yes" when I asked "Remove User Content?" instead of being a jackass , but thanks for answering the question.

>

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Ok, thanks for making me close this topic @dalieu please follow forum etiquette rules

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.