Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Problem with attachment thumbnails and avatars after import from vBulletin 3.7.8 to Vanilla

Good day,
After I run the porter (1.8.0) and import the data into Vanilla, avatars are not present and attachments show in the discussions as full size .attach files linked to the same .attach file. How do I make them show as .thumb files linking to .attach files in the posts?

I've tried placing the avatar_* files in /uploads/customavatars and /uploads/userpics to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

general designation for user pics in standard vanilla.

notice the p and n designation in from of filename.

uploads/userpics/NUMBER/pX2BIB4JINE1F.jpg - Full size image notice the

uploads/userpics/NUMBER/nX2BIB4JINE1F.jpg - thumbnail reduced size image (actual jpg is 40 x40).

version number???

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/23130/forum-post-ettikett-etiquette

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/17954/food-for-thought-forum-etiquette

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25115/how-to-how-can-a-new-user-better-help-the-community-when-asking-a-question

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

thanks for the response

it's 2.0.18.8

the avatars are linked like so:
    /uploads/userpics/navatar64_avatarrevision.gif

there are only 400 or so avatars, I can rename them manually if need be but I am really more curious about how to get the .thumb file showing in the forums instead of the full size attachment

the html looks like this:

<

div class="Attachments">

<

div class="AttachFileContainer">

<

div class="Attachment">

<

div class="FileHover">

• Options

I would think you could add a css width and height to div.Attachment

statement to div class="Attachment"

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    ceerayceeray New
    edited December 2013

I ended up hacking the import script where it says .attach, and changed the .attach part to .thumb, ran the import script a 2nd time and just grabbed the sql statements with the .thumb info out of the export and injected them as sql.. I could have made it easier but my php knowledge is pretty basic at this point - I have been inspired to learn more and have even started making a referral plugin similar to what I had on vbulletin, that lists the referring sites in the past X hours and displays them for users with the appropriate permissions

I am mildly curious if the porter has corrected any of this, but my forum is now operational so I cannot run another import without losing new content..