Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Are there any bugs in Vanilla Version 2.1b2*

edited November 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Can anybody tell me very sincerely that what are the known Major Bugs and Security issues in Version 2.1b2.
Recently I installed this version and within one hour the admin got banned!
Is there any sql leakage or something which could be disastrous for this forum.
Please be sincere since I have installed it on our already famous and running website.

Comments

• x00x00 MVP
    edited November 2013

Why are you using 2.1b2 on a production site?

Do you not know what beta means? Use it at your own risk, and only if you are a beta tester.

This could have happened not through malice, but through mistake.

grep is your friend.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited November 2013

If you have found a vulnerability, then report it to @Todd. You can message him, with steps to repeat.

grep is your friend.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Since you are using 2.1b2 I assume you have downloaded from GitHub. Look at the issues list to see some of the problems. But, as x00 already stated, it is beta software and as such there might be some more and more severe errors.

• edited November 2013

Thanks @R_J and @x00 I think the problem was from my side. I listed some email format in Banning section under Moderation tab. I think that caused the problem.
    Any way, I think; Admin should be exempted from this banning process. ha?