Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] feed from blog turned into discussions

LeftBrainLeftBrain ✭✭
edited December 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm running Vanilla 2.0.19 and am trying to recover from losing all my website data.

Before my unfortunate crash I had a plugin on my Vanilla forum that automatically took a post from my blog RSS feed and started a discussion on Vanilla. Does anyone know what plugin that was (or how I might have done it)? I can't for the life of me find it in the addons or in any discussion in this forum.

Thanks
Perry, 44

Comments

• Options

The plugin could have been Magpie Feeds or Feed Discussions.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options

Yeah, I thought Feed Discussions but that is no longer in the Addons. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Magpie but I'll try that one.

Thanks

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

thats why he gave you a link.

unfortunately most people don't realize they are links when they are pretty and anchored to some words, The discussion is pretty, but the link is often overlooked.

https://github.com/vanillaforums/Addons/tree/master/plugins/FeedDiscussions

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Ah yes, I did not notice that the word FeedDiscussions was a link. But I found a copy of the plugin on my computer so all is good. That was what I was using. Magpie doesn't seem to work on my system.

• Options

I do seem to be getting the following error using FeedDiscussions. Any idea what might be going on?

"Failed to connect to 2404:6800:4003:c00::76: Network is unreachable"

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited December 2013

@Lincoln@Kasper: Can we have the texts links in the forum a more recognizable color? I'm running a recent iMac screen here and it's not so easy to fetch them out of the plain text. Think of worser screens and color blind or partly color blind people. Thanx.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options

can you be color blind for blue - I thought it was red-green - but it would be nice to have a decoration on anchor links within discussions as well as in signatures.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.