Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Category background color

Thanks for the sweet plugin. Was wondering how I would change the background color of categories. ex:. Photo, Users name, Thanks, Likes, Roles Discussion Count, Comment Count

The text color is light due to my theme and the background color that the categories link/sort sits in is also light making it near impossible to read. This is strictly due to my theme using a light text and nothing wrong with the plugin, i just can't figure out how to change the background color of that table. there doesn't seem to be anything in the css that changes that color.. not sure what controls it.

any help is appreciated

Comments

• Options

change the background to td th thead

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

If you can use a live web inspector like Firebug or chrome web inspector, you can inspect those elements and see what code is what and then implement your changes.

All style changes go inside a css file. Most plugins have their own css file you can edit.

You can also use the custom.css file of your theme to put in the changes you make.

• Options

e.g - since the plugin comes with it own css file.

you could modify MembersListEnh/design/ml.css

to

td  {
        padding:1px 6px 1px 6px;
        white-space: nowrap;
         color: white;
        background-color: blue;
        }

th  {
        padding:3px 6px 3px 6px;
        border: solid black 2px;
        color: white;
        background-color: blue;
        font-size: 110%;
        }

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

or this if you want to isolate to table

table#Users .Alt td {
        background-color:#ddd;
        }

table#Users td  {
        padding:1px 6px 1px 6px;
        white-space: nowrap;
        color: green;
         background-color: yellow;
        }

table#Users th  {
        padding:3px 6px 3px 6px;
        border: solid black 2px;
        color: black;
        background-color: red;
        font-size: 110%;
        }

table {
        border:  solid black 3px;
        }  

Body {
          padding-left: 5px;
          } 

• Options

awesome, i used firebug earlier, but your instructions really pointed out the implementation needed when you obtain the necessary info with firebug. big thanks.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

@Ixle

glad they helped.

since you seem to be adding plugins to your forum.

would you consider voting, (I am not asking you to vote for me or any of my plugins, but I am asking you to vote).

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25578/nominations-for-best-plugin-created-this-year