HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fatal Error

DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

I installed your plugin because it looks a handy one; but alas have error so i un-installed it.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function sprite() in
/home3/hannahas/public_html/surin-expatsforum/plugins/ProfileVisitors/class.profilevisitors.plugin.php on line 132

Tagged:

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You are using Vanilla 2.0.18.8 and I have not tested it much for that version.

The function Sprite() has something to do with a feature not found in Vanilla 2.0. So you can change the mentioned line to $ProfileVisitorsLabel = T('Profile Visitors');

You will also have to comment out line 168 => // $Sender->EditMode(FALSE);

I don't know if that's enough. I've created the plugin to imitate the activity page of Vanilla 2.1b2 and so it might look really ugly with 2.0 or even do not work anything at all.

By the way: there is a security update for Vanill 2.0.18.8: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25458/security-update-vanilla-2-0-18-9

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

ver 20 1 88 Ok i'll do as you suggested, and let you know. Thanks

Ok done that now get>> error on line 132>> Fatal error: Call to undefined function sprite() in /home3/hannahas/public_html/surin-expatsforum/plugins/ProfileVisitors/class.profilevisitors.plugin.php on line 132
    I had a look but not a clue what it means.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

there are no sprite functions in 2.0 so you get an error .... sprites is a 2.1 plugin .

Ok Vrijvinder by that it means, i cannot use this plugin?

Well not that part of it. You would have to strip it from the incompatible parts that don't exist on that version of Vanilla.

You could possibly make it work but I am not sure you are up for the challenge :)

This plugin may be like your reactions plugin, it can't be retrograded ....

But I think this would be easier to understand than that
    https://www.simonsfoundation.org/quanta/20130917-a-jewel-at-the-heart-of-quantum-physics/

" easier to understand" this doesn't apply to me i beginning to think, maybe i should go and dig the garden i can understand some of how to do that! Thanks anyway

@DenisS said:
    I installed your plugin because it looks a handy one; but alas have error so i un-installed it.
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function sprite() in
    /home3/hannahas/public_html/surin-expatsforum/plugins/ProfileVisitors/class.profilevisitors.plugin.php on line 132

@R_J said:
    The function Sprite() has something to do with a feature not found in Vanilla 2.0. So you can change the mentioned line to $ProfileVisitorsLabel = T('Profile Visitors');

@DenisS said:
    Ok done that now get>> error on line 132>> Fatal error: Call to undefined function sprite() in /home3/hannahas/public_html/surin-expatsforum/plugins/ProfileVisitors/class.profilevisitors.plugin.php on line 132
    I had a look but not a clue what it means.

@R_J repeats:

I'll have a look at that today, but

I've created the plugin to imitate the activity page of Vanilla 2.1b2 and so it might look really ugly with 2.0 or even do not work anything at all.

Wow you just said something quite cool because Vanilla is built on Garden , so in a way you can understand your Garden better than you can understand this Garden.

The trouble is some Garden plugins can't be made to work with any other version of Vanilla than the one intended.

It is not your fault .

Oops!Although I have 'RequiredApplications' => array('Vanilla' => '>=2.1'),in plugin info, it could be activated without any warnings in 2.0.18!
    But in order to make it work with 2.0.18 there are only two changes necessary:

1. change line 132 from $ProfileVisitorsLabel = Sprite('SpProfileVisitors').' '.T('Profile Visitors');to $ProfileVisitorsLabel = T('Profile Visitors');
    2. comment out line 168 // $Sender->EditMode(FALSE);

I'll try to catch those exceptions so that plugin works for 2.018 and 2.1b2

You can download the current version that will work with 2.0.18. Have fun with it! :)

Oh, and don't forget to upgrade to 2.0.18.9 ;)

I'll upload as soon as possible!
    Although that doesn't sound nice, it describes exactly what it is ;)

edited December 2013

Well as long as people are aware that everyone can know if they visited , then it is ok. Kind of like the NSA ;)

• @vrijvlinder said:
    Here is an icon for your spy plugin ;)

once again you have proven you are the icon queen.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I just notice that this plugin conflicts notification dropdown and popup error message at bottom-left corner in v2.1 and default theme if I click on the notification icon, it refuses to show the dropdown list and popup error 'Whoops! There was an error'. Any clue?

Could you please post a screenshot for that?

• @R_J said:
    Could you please post a screenshot for that?

when click 'A', it show error 'B'